Interview

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 , Posted by D S Gurung at 7:06 PM

Ramp walk on the cricketing pitch


First Cricket team in Nepal 2003

Barun Wakhley the third Bhutanese to enter the glamour world of fashion and ramp walker has dazzled in the international cricketing arena for his furious fast ball in the Bhutanese national cricket team. Dated since 2003, the shaky and lanky local boy from small district of Tisrang has played his first ever international cricket tournament in Nepal. “Short gun” Tandin Wangchuk, his fellow mate recalls of those gloomy and budding days.



After four years of break from the cricketing arena, he returns as the spearhead of the bowling attack of Bhutan national cricket team. “I feel great and honored to be back in the team and I hope I will contribute in my caliber,” said Barun. “I have not been in touch with bat and ball for four years and I didn’t get enough time to practice for the tournament,” he added.


After five years of the cricketing acquaintance in Bhutan, Barun confer dramatic exist to the cricketing sorority of Bhutan. The lost of the prominent and aspiring fast bowler was felt by the fellow team mates and cricket board. The man of persistent and many terminologies, standing 6feet tall who went to pursue his further studies to Bangalore was declared the model of the week in the Bangalore and later the top 15 model in one of the most prestigious event, the Gladrags man hunt in India.

“I expect lot from Barun and I hope he will live up to my expectations, “said Sangoj Chhetri, one of the team mates who have joined the team after three years.

Written by: Phuntsho Wangdi

Currently have 0 comments: